Applying for Need-Based Financial Aid
- Apply to camp through the regular application process at www.culver.org/summerapp. Parents must complete the online application, and pay the $50.00 application fee.
- The application fee is required for all applications. Requesting financial aid does not waive the fee. The application fee must be paid in order to submit and process your child's application.
- On the application, mark "YES" to the question regarding an interest in financial aid.
- Detailed information to submit a financial aid application will be included in an email your child will receive when approved for camp.
- Culver has partnered with School and Student Service (SSS), our online resource for applying for financial aid. You must complete the online financial aid application and pay the $51 non-refundable application fee at http://sssbynais.org/parents to be considered for financial aid. You are required to submit proof of income by submitting your 2018 W-2 or 1099 forms (if applicable). You are also required to submit the 2017 and 2018 tax returns, as well as any other supplemental income. If your 2018 tax return has not been completed you will need to submit the 2017 tax return, and upon completion, submit the 2018 tax return. Do not send these forms to Culver. You must have a Social Security number to be eligible to apply for financial aid.
- In addition to the financial information, there are three forms that must be completed and uploaded to SSS. This includes the Applicant Statement (to be completed by your child in his/her own handwriting), Parent Consideration Statement and the School Grades form (or a copy of the most recent grade report). More detailed information will be included in an email your child will receive when approved for camp.
- All forms and information for financial aid must be completed AND submitted to the SSS no later than February 15, 2019.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to submit the required forms to be considered for financial aid.
- Parents/guardians will be notified by email of the financial aid award offered by mid-March and given a date by which to respond to either accept or reject the award.
Financial Aid Policy
The Financial Aid Committee will consider all completed financial aid applications. Availability of Culver financial aid funds and family finances will be the largest factor in determining the awards. Awards vary based on need and a significant financial contribution is expected of the family to cover remaining tuition and other costs such as the application fee, tuition deposit, transportation, and uniforms.
Culver pledges to do its best to meet the needs of families, but there can be no guarantee that the demonstrated financial need of all those who apply can be met.