Campers are allowed to leave campus with parent authorized supervision during the pre-established permit times. Permit times are listed below. All times are listed in Eastern Daylight Savings time (remember that Culver is one hour ahead of Chicago). Culver respectfully asks that parents understand and abide by the no-permit restriction during the first two weeks of camp.
- Saturday, June 27th, 2020 - No permits
- Sunday, June 28th, 2020 - No permits
- Saturday, July 4th, 2020- 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (D&B, Troop and Deck 7 return at 4:30 PM)
- Sunday, July 5th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday, July 11th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (D&B, Troop and Deck 7 return at 4:30 PM)
- Sunday, July 12th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday, July 18th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (D&B, Troop and Deck 7 return at 4:30 PM)
- Sunday, July 19th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
WOODCRAFT ONLY, NO UPPER SCHOOL PERMITS:
- Saturday, July 25th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (D&B, Troop and Deck 7 return at 4:30 PM)
- Sunday, July 26th, 2020 - 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
** Upper School students are not eligible for permit on July 25th and 26th, however parents and guests are welcome to visit their sons or daughters on campus. Note that the Woodcraft Drill Down and many tournament finals will be held during the weekend of July 25-26, so campers might not be available to leave campus during the entire permit time.
Signing Your Camper Out on Permit
If a camper is going on permit, he/she must be signed out at his/her Unit Headquarters (Woodcraft) or Senior Counselor's office (Upper School). During camp, your child will not be allowed to leave campus with anyone but his/her parents/guardians unless you specify differently on the permit form. You have the option of taking your child's friends on permit, if they have proper authorization.
- It is imperative that our campers are well fed and properly hydrated during permit time. Please refrain from greasy foods and soft drinks.
- Campers may swim, sail, or participate in any boating or water activity only when under the immediate supervision of their own parents/guardians.
- Campers must leave and return in their full dress uniform. Campers are expected to remain in uniform while they are on permit. They must be supervised the entire time while on permit and must be returned to their units promptly at the end of permit time.
What to Do on Permits
While off campus with your child, you may consider some of the options below. A few days before each Permit weekend, you will receive an email with specific activities happening at Culver with times and locations.
• Enjoy the town of Culver's Lake Fest festivities
• Listen to the Memorial Chapel Carillon Recital on Saturdays at 4:00 PM
• Explore the Culver Museum in town
• Dine at one of the great restaurants in the town of Culver
• Visit Plymouth – about 15 miles north of Culver – for movies, bowling, restaurants, Wal-Mart, and other stores.
• Visit South Bend/Mishawaka – about 40 miles north of Culver – for a larger selection of stores and restaurants.
• Purchase Culver items at the Uniform Department
• Visit the Campus Store on the main campus
• Eat at the Shack (on-campus snack bar) on the main campus
• Ice skate at Henderson Ice Arena. Guests will need to sign a waiver upon entering and using the facility. A limited supply of skates are available at no charge
• Have your son/daughter show you their favorite places on campus