Items with prices listed below may either be purchased on campus at the Campus Store, Uniform Department or be brought from home. Approximate prices are listed and are subject to change. Money must be deposited into the Personal Drawing Account before purchases can be made at the Eagle Outpost (Woodcraft store). New Woodcrafters are required to pay a Uniform Deposit, which is an estimate of the expenses each new camper will encounter for uniforms. All campers, new or returning will need the following items. Uniforms are purchased on registration day.
New Families: These items are required of all new campers. Please note that the Uniform Deposit is an estimated cost.
Use the tables below as a checklist and inventory items your child has from previous summers. Mark what needs to be purchased when you arrive on campus. If your child is arriving alone, be sure your child has this list of items in his/her pocket for when he/she goes through registration. This will eliminate purchasing items you already have purchased – both in uniforms and linens. Keep in mind, if changing from Cubs to Beavers, you will need to purchase the unit t-shirts.
**Gold C Beavers will need one pair of white duck trousers ($35.00 per pair) for formal events and dances. Campers will arrange this with their unit senior counselor after camp begins.Items to Purchase at Culver
(2) Canvas Laundry Bags - must buy at Culver; $7.50 each
(2) Laundry Mesh Bag - must buy at Culver; $7.00 each
(1) Dress Coat - must buy at Culver; $65.00 each
(1) Rain Jacket - must buy at Culver; $41.00 each
(10) Athletic Shorts - must buy at Culver; $15.00 each
(10) T-shirts - must buy at Culver; unit color; $8.00 each
(1) Belt - must buy at Culver; $7.00 each
(1) Belt Buckle - must buy at Culver; $4.75 each
(1) Overseas Cap - must buy at Culver; $16.00 each
(1) Dress Coat Cord - must buy at Culver; $14.00 each
(4) Polo Collar Knit Shirts - must buy at Culver; white; $15.00 each
(4) Dress Stockings - must buy at Culver; gray; $4.95 each pair
(2) Sweatshirt and Sweatpants - must buy at Culver; blue; Sweatshirts are $24.99 each; Sweatpants- $20.00 each
(3) Dress Shorts must buy at Culver; blue; $29.99 each
(1) Sports Helmet - must buy at Culver; $49.99 each
Packing List (Bring from Home)
These items are typically brought from home. Items listed with a price are available for purchase at Campus Store or Uniform Department. Items with no price must be sent from home.
All articles brought from home must be plainly marked with the camper’s name and camper ID number. This should be done with name tape and permanent marker. The Uniform Department will heat-seal name tags for clothing or personal items brought from home as long as the items do not contain Lycra or Spandex. The Uniform Department will not be responsible for damage to items containing Lycra or Spandex while heat-sealing.
Reminder: Culver will provide sheets and pillowcases for campers. Please do not bring these items to camp.
(1) 100 Disposable Face Masks (example
(1) Black oxford shoes (lace or buckle) - $70.00 per pair, a limited supply of black oxford shoes are available for purchase in the Uniform Department
(2) Athletic shoes - must bring from home
(12) Athletic socks - $2.25 per pair
(2) Stadium Blankets**- thin, single-sized, $29.99 each if purchased at Culver
(1) Pillow - $9.00 each if purchased at Culver
(6) Towels - $7.99 each if purchased at Culver
(4) Washcloths (optional) - $1.25 each if purchased at Culver
(12) Underwear - $8.99, 3 per package if purchased at Culver
(1) Sandals (for shower) - $2.00 pair if purchased at Culver
(1) Aqua socks (water shoes for lake) - $15.00 per pair if purchased at Culver
(1) Lockbox w/ key - $22.99 each if purchased at Culver
(1) Shin guards - $5.00 per pair if purchased at Culver
(3) Pajamas/nightshirt - must bring from home
(1) Bathrobe (optional) - must bring from home
(2) Swimsuits - must bring from home
(1) Baseball mitt (recommended) - must bring from home
(1) Water Bottle - prices vary
Toiletry items - prices vary
**Beds are 74" x 42" (standard twin)
Other Optional Items
- Ping pong paddle and balls
- Musical instruments
- Ice skates
- Tennis racquets
- Golf clubs
- Disposable cameras
- Fishing equipment
- Bug spray (strongly recommended)
- Sunscreen (strongly recommended)
- Container to take toiletry items to and from the showers
- Baseball cap or another type of hat
- Nail clippers
- Rubber Riding Boots - $45.00 if purchased at Culver
- Riding Helmet - $35.00 if purchased at Culver
*Many of these optional items are available for purchase in the Woodcraft Eagle Outpost store.
Items to be Left at Home
Civilian clothes, skateboards, iPods/iPhones/iPads (or the like), e-readers (Kindle or Nook), gaming systems, bicycles, vehicles, roller blades, stereos, barbells and weights, laptop computers, TVs, weapons, fireworks, pets, hot plates, food, beverages or similar articles. Alcohol and drugs are absolutely not permitted. Campers who are in possession of alcohol or drugs are subject to immediate dismissal.
Shipping Luggage before Camp
To make traveling easier for your child, you may consider shipping luggage to Culver at the address above prior to camp. This may be done via UPS or other private carriers, but must be received by Culver after June 17. Campers may ship or carry their luggage home at the end of camp. Culver will not be responsible for shipping luggage home for campers.
Additional luggage fees will be charged to the camper's tuition account.
Please print your camper's complete name and Culver's address on all pieces of luggage as follows:
Woodcraft Camp <or> Upper Schools
1300 Academy Road
Culver, IN 46511